miércoles, 21 de octubre de 2009

The Band - The Weight (1968)


Un legendario tema, leyenda hecha música, ya saben, viajes, soledad, caminatas con el diablo, y un par de corazones rotos.




The Weight

I pulled in to Nazareth, was feeling 'bout halfpast dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey mister, can you tell me where a man mightfind a bed?''
He just grinned and shook my hand, "No'' was allhe said

Take a load off, Fanny
Take a load for free
Take a load off, Fanny
And you put the load right on me

I picked up my bag, I went looking for a place tohide
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walking side byside
I said "Hey Carmen, come on, let's go downtown''

Catch a cannonball now to take me down the line
My bag is sinking low and I do believe it's time

To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's theonly one
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone

No hay comentarios: